...with Double Pod, Double Dex, Double Change, UGH!
Picture it, Alaska, 1-ish am.
In walks a beeeeeeeeping Bean, bleary eyed from disturbed sleep.
I hear her coming from down the hall, willing my eyes open to acknowledge her presence at my side of the bed. (why is it that kid NEVER go to the 'dad' side of the bed?!?!)
She states the obvious, "I'm alarming" and then "Please, please, please can we NOT do a pod change now?!"
I have her deactivate her beeeeeeeeeping pod, test...a 188, A-OK for her to go back to sleep without a pod as far as I'm concerned (especially since I've been having to either reduce or turn off her basal at some point in the wee hours if she's been corrected, which she had been).
Morning rolls around and a new pod is placed, she tests (251...not a great morning number by any stretch of the imagination, but I was fine with it considering no one wanted to do a 1 am pod change!) and doses for breakfast.
We go ahead and also do a Wilma (dexcom) sensor change since she's been giving us ??? off and on for a couple of days and had a handful of readings in the past 12 hours. The two hour waiting period begins and we go one our merry way.
About 2 1/2 hours later, give or take (it was an In Service Day, so no school for Bean and no subbing for me, so we kinda didn't care about the time once Ubergeek was dropped at work and Bug was dropped at her 'school'...she LOVES going, it was Friday ~ which means prize day, and it was paid for, so she went) Bean starts beeeeeeping again.
We both utter a 'seriously?!?!' and start pod change number two. (We have had far more than our fair share of alarming pods with this shipment. Thankfully it's not the norm, but when it rains, it seems to pour, and it gets really, really old...especially when there's been 8 since Valentines Day!)
While we are waiting for the pod to prime itself, I ask her if she's entered the two start up BGs for Wilma, since it's been longer than 2 hours. She says she hasn't, so I check her receiver to see if it has the little blood drop on it, indicating she's ready for those two start up BGs and I see "SENSOR FAILED." Never seen that before!
So, that means it's time for sensor change number two. Supplies are gathered, added to the ones already piled on the table, and off we go.
Buttons are pushed, cannulas are injected. More buttons are pushed, a thin wire sensor is injected. Whimpers are uttered, tears of frustration are shed, and the plethora of tissues and swabs and adhesive backings and and and are appropriately tossed.
The day progresses without further incident, thankfully.
The pod is trucking right along and Wilma has been tracking pretty close to actual BGs.