thanks, George, for the inspiration to focus on other things today
My brain is fried! I've been with first graders all day and will be with them all week.
So, instead of trying to stress my brain even more and come up with some witty or compelling post in honor of "No D-Day" I went looking for some random questionnaire on the good ol' interwebz.
1. What time did you go to bed last night and were you alone?
I went up to bed at 10ish. By the time I was going to sleep at almost 11, Ubergeek was in bed, too.
2. If you could be given ANY gift what would it be?
Hmmm....the first thing that pops into my head is money. (shallow, I know!) But, being honest, a large chunk of change would sure ease the stress level around here!
3. What was the last film that really moved/disturbed/thrilled you and why?
The one that comes to mind I can't talk about today, so *pass*.
4. What is your favorite TV show of all time (ie you've seen them all, can watch it over and over again and quote lines from it)?
Gosh, if you are judging by being able to quote lines, then I'd have to go with Seinfeld.
5. Whats your favorite way to wake up and what's the first thing you do?
I prefer to wake up whenever my body wakes up, but that's hardly ever the case!
The first thing I do when I wake up is go to the bathroom...exciting, huh? :)
6. What would you call yourself if you could choose your own name?
I have always gone by my middle name. I went through a phase in second grade where I insisted on being called my by first name.
As long as you aren't calling me by my sister's name...got that A TON growing up...I'm happy with my name.
But, I suppose Your Majesty would be a close second!
7. If you had to do a bushtucker challenge (you have to eat insects/grubs etc) what would be the worst thing you had to eat?
Spiders...don't like them AT ALL!
Interesting fact...I ate a cookie that had a grasshopper baked into if for extra credit in a Science class in high school. Crunchy!
8. Whats the worst/most embarrassing CD/Album you've ever owned and do you still have it?
I got rooked into a music club back in the day, so I chose some interesting tapes to fulfill my commitment. Probably the most embarrassing would be Nelson. (here's one of their hits from back in the day...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1W6-ErrHls)
9. What would be your dream vehicle (bikes, cars, boats, batcar and millenium falcon is allowed!)?
Anything that would only seat me...nothing better than a quiet car!
10. Whats your favorite fantasy people sandwich?
I have absolutely no idea what the hell this means!!
11. What characteristics do you dislike in yourself?
I take things very personally and can get hurt easily.
12. Your favorite item of clothing and why?
I love a nice, cozy sweatshirt.
13. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would it be and who would it be with?
I would love to do an extensive tour of Europe and Great Britain. With the fam, of course.
It would also be awesome to do a beach resort trip with all my D-mamas....I can mention them, right?!?
14. If you could have any animal/creature, what would be your ultimate pet be?
I've always wanted a monkey. Yeah, they are nasty and can be quite aggressive, but it's just one of those things I've always thought would be cool.
15. What did you want to be when you were little and do you think you ever will be?
Let's see...things I wanted to be when I grew up were: a beautician, a nurse, and a teacher.
I have girls, so I'm a beautician. One of those girls has 'what shall not be named today' so I have the nurse thing covered. And I am a teacher, so.... Check, Check, and Check.
16. What's the next planned event you're looking to in your life?
...checking the calendar....I got nuthin'
17. What were you doing before you started this?
Helping Bean with homework.
18. What was the last thing you ate that you really shouldn't have eaten?
Cookie dough....just can't resist it!
19. If you were an ice cream/Haagen Daz/Ben and Jerrys flavour what would you be?
Rocky Road....I'm squishy like a marshmallow, nutty like an almond, and let's face it, who doesn't like chocolate?!?!
20. Who was the last person you spoke to that you didn't want to talk to?
I generally don't talk to people I don't want to talk to...isn't that why caller ID was invented?!?
21. What was your favorite toy as a child . . .and now?
I loved our Spiro-graph. Just so cool!
Don't know if they count as toys, but I love Crayola Crayons. Coloring is so relaxing for me.
22. When was the last time you cried laughing and why?
Not sure if I was crying, but the last time I laughed really hard was a couple of weeks ago at a gathering of friends. Everyone had spent about two hours venting about crap and I was done listening to it. A male friend sat down next to me on the couch and said, ala Joey of friends, "How You Doin?" and I just lost it! Yeah, you probably had to be there, but it was just the thing I needed to get me back into a good mood.
23. What is stashed under your bed/mattress?
Nothing...our bed sits on the floor.
24. What did you dream about last night?
Some weird contest that students from Bean's school were winning. Kinda like a beauty pageant thing, but way more elaborate and intense.
25. What are you really afraid of?
Years ago, after having two miscarriages, I was very afraid that I would never be able to have children.
Now, my biggest fears center around what today is about not talking about, so we just won't go there!
And now it's time to start dinner..... Happy No D-Day everyone!!